Saturday, December 06, 2003

What dreams do to you?

Well I have this very funny cousin who got married few years ago. We used to be really close & have kind of strong bond between us. He used to be like a big, protective, funny brother to me & as he himself refer to it; we used to have our moments! Though we grew apart for sometime but still we know we can rely on each other. (Good that his wife understands the relationship)
Feeling dizzy could be a great gift; dismissing you from clean-up work after the party. So last weekend in my aunt’s house after supper all I have to do was to sit on the sofa & use my imagination…. Then he showed up & sat himself comfortably by my side & start joking about my dreams….
“So are we gonna elope to a cliff- cottage by Pacific Ocean & live happily ever after?” he joked. “Maybe we should take Mar too! Me & you & Mar (his wife)! Just think of the humid whether & you’ll forget your headache….” He suggested knowing how I hate humid whether!
But the hint was enough I was immediately drifted to a reverie visualizing the cottage & envisioning the surrounding! He kept talking & pulled me in for a brotherly hug…. I didn’t even notice! Feeling much better I murmured “not a good idea! I may go there alone, live away & you can just pay visits every once in a while.” I could almost picture myself standing by a railing overlooking the ocean… the salty warm wind blowing & the silence…. “Wow,” he said “come back sis! We’re in Iran still!” He just ruined the dream! & even worse he joked about it all night & still every once in while he sends sms to remind me of MY LITTLE SCERET COTTAGE!

No comments: