Saturday, December 06, 2003

saga 3

Monday 4th August
Hadn’t been writing for 3 days! & the last 2 days was great! Some times people surprise you with their potential power to delight others…. Anyway, Saturday was bank holiday & we decided to go to BABAK’s Castle, a very beautiful hillside (is the word correct?), 200 km from Tabriz. My right leg was hurting so much (still I have trouble walking & I keep putting off my appointment with doctor!). I thought the pain would fade away as time goes by, but it didn’t. & by the time we got to the place, it was aching so much I couldn’t even walk! Guess I shouldn’t have run on the hills the previous day. I climbed down to the place others had settled themselves in, but it was rather cold & desolately I climbed back up to the car. Not long had passed when my Tabrizian friend (my cousin’s cousin, the same age as me) joined me in the car. I was totally depressed & you feel it from the previous post. & here he came to me, sitting there, we talked for hours…. Actually he made my day but I don’t think he himself had good time with me nagging.
It had been a very cool talk. There was kind of misunderstanding in our relationship & we had drifted apart & the distance makes it rather hard to overcome. Sometimes you know something is wrong but you can’t stop it! He had changed & me too; so we surprised each other a lot.
In the evening, he suggested we would go up to castle by car. The castle is located on the peak of mount & you have to drive to a hotel up on the road & there are 1000-something steps waiting for you to get in to the castle. (Not a surprise how BABAK has been fighting in it for 10 years!) To tell ya the truth, I like the idea so much I ignored my hurting feet! However my friend’s brothers had gone up there by another car & had taken our car’s key with them! So the plan dumped :P. (we went up to hotel later with others.) it was 1o’clock when finally we got back home & we were to set off early in the morning to Astara; that meant we wouldn’t come back to Tabriz again!
Guess what the next day nobody really wanted to hit the road. We had enjoyed ourselves so much; it didn’t seem fair to leave the FRIENDS in Tabriz! We spent the morning packing but in the afternoon Maragheh (a town 100 km south Tabriz) was where we ended up! Folks went shopping in bazaar. I had this feeling that our group was kind of freak there! The idea of us being aliens was a popular one there, I may say! We had dinner in the town & went back to Tabriz to spend our last night there. I don’t think anybody had slept last night. We were up till tow in the morning & I could hear whispers before I fell asleep at 5 am.
Today at last we set off & left the friend behind. We’re staying the night in SA’REIN, a town with natural warm springs. I never really liked water (don’t be upset about me TIK). So the town is rather boring & I keep missing these friends of ours. Mom just called them & they were out to a party…. No more complaining; I’ll be home in 2 days & they will come to visit us in September.

No comments: