Saturday, December 06, 2003

saga4

Wednesday 6th August
Yesterday was spent riding, all day long riding. Yet I don’t feel tired at all! The road was so spectacular, I thought it would lead to heaven (which unfortunately doesn’t). We set off in the morning to KHALKHAL, where my young cousin was taken to hospital for food poisoning. In my opinion it could be E.COLI or Salmonella; he had eaten too much of the ASH-DOOGH (kind of Iranian soup) I guess. Any way, he feels much better right now. But the injection made him asleep & he missed the views!
The road between KHLKHAL & ASTARA is a mountain-road surrounded by frost. & some gypsies are living there. Parts of the road are near the farms & since you’re looking at them from above, they look like hand-made quilts, different colors, and different shapes. The whole surrounding was like it had been sketched & painted by hands of a professional painter. I wish I could stay the rest of my day there just going up & down the road, appreciating the Divine beauty. & if it was ever possible to stop the time passing by, I would have cut those moments, make them eternal! We stopped in a misty hill to have something for lunch. One feels she can get lost in the forest & explore the mysteries forever.
Enough! I wish I could post the film my cousin had taken from the road. Then you would understand what I’m talking about. As we were on the peak, my aunt said something that is carved in my memory: “up here I feel closer to God.” This is really true. Beholding the harmony that exists in the nature makes you believe in some kind of power in it; you may call it fate, Mother Nature or… but I like to call it God.
In the evening we left the misty forest & got to the seaside. It seems to me that no Divine feeling can stand the hot humidity of the Caspian seaside! You see, when you can not breathe, thinking gets impossible. & I can’t breathe in humid weather. So I really don’t like the bay. & I won’t go swimming like others. Actually we are at the seaside & I’m staying in shade & others have gone to the protected areas to swim…. & they will be back as brown as a berry.
We’ll be home tonight; this is the only thing I can fix my mind on right now. How do I long to sleep in my bed, hugging my doll! My, I forgot, I’ve bought a light yellow dog-doll yesterday & I called it stupid! It looks rather bewildered & foolish! My sister had picked it for me…. That’s all!

No comments: