Saturday, December 06, 2003

Childhood sweetheart?

Friday, October 24, 2003
Well, I met this guy few days ago. He was a tall, well-built cute guy & I just couldn’t guess that he would know me somehow!
I was just walking to school; the weather was so fine & I was just drifting in my dreams…. Suddenly someone called my name; better to say scream it! I turned around & found the guy looking at me. “Hey this is Abtin” he said.
I still shocked asked him “what?” & he said “Abtin; the gym?” then I was able remember him…. He was my classmate in gym, couple of years younger than me. He & a friend of his, Ahmad, used to be partners in practice. I was so happy to see him again, though he was far changed… no wonder we hadn’t met for 12 years.
He asked me if I could remember he & Ahmad was always fighting over being my partner. Of course I could, they were in total agreement with each other but when it came to choose partners for practice… it was like they can not act morally! They would cheat or simply pick fighting! I always thought it was because I had been the quickest girl in gym & also I was the leader player in practice….
He said “did you know we were in love with you?” it was unbelievable! How could 8-9 year-old boys fell in love with a 10-year? & what more they could still remember every little thing we had done…. I’m flattered right now! He said his girlfriend is one of our classmates & that she can remember how they used to act foolishly when I was around….
It’s a really good feeling to find out you had been someone’s sweetheart! He made my day….

No comments: