Saturday, December 06, 2003

last wedensday

Thursday, June 19, 2003
I find this part of my dairy quite interesting & so I decide to share it with you. It is about 10th & 11th of June…
We had been to a birthday party on the night of demonstration. (I mean we gathered in a restaurant to celebrate a friend, Sapphire, birthday.) Actually it was getting late when we get home & as soon as I walked in I heard my father’s radio (BBC), which was reporting the so called protest. I can tell you I was totally shocked because most of my friends had been to a concert (by Mr. President) in Tehran University & no one was saying anything on the party. I thought it must have been a minor demonstration. But then next morning every body was talking about it…. Wednesday was a very hectic day for me. I had class since 8 in the morning till 6 in the evening & meanwhile I had to go to stationeries to get my project typed. So, you see, I headed to school in the morning, attend one of my classes; then me & Ava take taxi to stationary to do the project thing. (I missed my next class due to that.) Then I had to get back to school on my own ‘cos Ava was going home. Back in school I was told that my “nut” professor had gone & I had to hand in my paper on Saturday which meant I could miss 2 points. Then I desperately went upstairs to his room just to leave a message, & to my surprise I found him there…. So I handed in the paper. Guess what it was 12 & I thought well, I would have time to have a sandwich; what a dream! I was reminded that there had been another class to attend. That means I missed lunch… at 1:30 I went through an oral exam & right after that I had another class; so when at last I got home I was to tiered to listen to radio or else…. All through the day I had been chatting about demonstrations & reasons behind it; I’ve argued with almost every body, then as I was lying there on my bed I understand that I was part of the demonstration without intending to. I spread the news & it came to me that I can’t run from it. So in the middle of the night I got up & turned on the radio…. You know what I heard some Iranians were chanting & somebody was saying we’re coming to Iran. Go on, protest! Today our country needs you. Move! … What would you think if you heard that? These people stay away & order us to sacrifice! That was the point.

No comments: