Saturday, December 06, 2003

saga 2

Friday 1st August
We went to Marand a town in west side of Iran. Late last night we decide we would hire a bus to take us all there. So we had to wake up really early this morning to catch bus at 6:30; but we waited for some friends to join us till 8:30. Then we move out of town; the driver was an angry guy, I can tell you. He told us not play music instruments in the bus. But who cares! Some friends had brought SETAR (kind of string music instrument) & TONBAK (percussion). & they played some Turkish songs. It was perfect. We had brunch in a remote area. Going up on a hill by bus, we had a 10- minute walk to a small spring. The weather was so beautiful & everything was so calm. (I’m sure you would have loved the place grandpa!) We stayed for a while enjoying ourselves, listening to good music… at least we set off to Marand. There we had a minor problem with the bus, so we head back to Tabriz.
Sitting in the yard, I’m trying t tell ya how I feel. Still there is something wrong; I don’t know what it is. Anyway, I try to make myself at home. I’ve talked with Ava this very morning, yet I miss her. I miss Tehran & my bedroom. I have not been adapted. It seems I can communicate with even my close relatives. When I look back at the days I had been 16 & I was here in Tabriz; seems like ages had passed by without me noticing it. The whole town had changed & I have changed too. Guess I am homesick! ;) What I really long for is a company of some one who would understand my morals…. What bless is to have a friend to talk to & a home to return!

No comments: