Saturday, December 06, 2003

picnic

Tehran usually got dry weather! Most of the time the sun is shining & since April 21st, which falls on “Ordibehesht” in Persian calendar, the air is getting warm & in June it becomes sizzling! Well, for this year (our New Year starts at March 21) we had plenty of surprising rains… I mean I can’t remember that it would rain continually for more than 8 hours in May. The weather is really fine & you can go walking without being concerned about air pollution. I guess I would go out of town to enjoy nice weather. The only problem is I have my leg in plaster cast. My leg is twisted …& it had been in plaster for more than a month but its ok with me! I even went to picnic like this…
Thingsiknow asked me what we’re doing here… so I will write about this very picnic I mentioned. By the way you know what days are weekends in Iran? Over here Thursdays & Fridays are weekends!
I have class on Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesdays & Thursdays.
One Tuesday, which is in the middle of the week & so every body’s at work, we set off to a picnic outside of Tehran in AFJEH. It was about 8 when Mat picked me up at my door. (‘Cos my leg was like that he come up to our flat & took my packed things to his car.) He’s got a grayish black Pride (which is a car brand if you don’t know). We waited in front of the buildingfor a while for Mooshi to show up. & as she appeared we got in the car & went to pick another friend up (who I may call southerner.) we called Ava to remind her to buy soft drinks & drove to the place we was to meet others. Lollypop was next to join us. He didn’t take his car so he joined Pat when he arrived. (Pat’s car is a white Opel CORSA.) Mr. President was with him, too. I guess I forgot to tell you that it was the Poetess birthday gathering. She, Ava & the Poetesses’ sister were with Teddy. (He’s got a black Patrol.) They were late & their cell phones were unreachable! At last when they showed up, we got that the delay was due to soft drinks they were to buy…
We started the trip at 9:30 I think. At first we wanted to go to ABNIK where there is a Plato & I could sit & get there easily, when we were passing the guard of town Pat waved them good bye & they thought we knew them somehow. I was very delighted, we were like a family going to picnics & every thing was so calm & we’ve had really good time.
Mat drives very fast but he drove carefully (‘cos we were 3 girls in his car who may scream! Just kidding!) Pat is a careful driver, & he drives stylishly; though he was so slow that day. We pulled aside some time in order to buy stuff & it was about 10:30 or so when we got to ABNIK… God! The road was blocked by stones ‘cos of flood so we had to drive back & find another place…
In the car, we mostly talked about Men & Women & traditional Iranian way of thinking like we were in a class.
Meanwhile we stopped some where to check if I could get there… it was rather steep so I thought we might find better place! So Teddy decided we could go to AFJEH were he knew some place there… the place was well, to be honest, rather difficult to climb! At first I get off the Pride & Ava drove me in Patrol a bit higher…, and then I had to get off again & climb myself. Did I ever tell ya how proud I am? I didn’t let anyone to help me so I climbed the first part without help then I had to cross a narrow pond of water where a short waterfall was falling & to make it perfect I should go down again to a flat area where we could sit. It was the hardest part; even if I hadn’t my leg in plaster, I couldn’t do it… so Mr. President went down first & Pat heads down with his face to me, in order to catch me if I fell… (Mr.Persident was taking care of him.) I don’t know how I got there at last but if I’d fallen, all three of us would get hurt…
to be continued

No comments: