Saturday, December 06, 2003

A typical day in Tehran

Well, I can’t say it’s typical, but it’s what we actually do: my mom usually gets up at 5:30. She works as an accountant in a company out of Tehran so she has to wake up early… (I adore my mom; she is hardworking & she manage everything really coolly. However I used to nag at her for being married to her job! I. L.U. Mom!) She comes in my room to get dressed ’cos we share the closet & so every day I wake up to say goodbye to her. Then if my class wouldn’t be at 8, I will go back to sleep…. I love this part of my day! Sleeping is my favorite hobby. I usually get up at 8 (or 9 sometimes.) & I have breakfast alone… my dad takes my sister to school (he takes me too when I get class at 8…) & he comes back home, park the car & he walks 30 minutes to his office. He is financial Manager. I would do the house work if there would be no class & being left by myself I usually listen to music… Chris de Burgh, George Michael, Elton John, etc I also listen to BSB, Westlife & recently Eminem (I fell for 8 mile music, the movie was great!) me & my dearest sister frequently have lunch together. I wait till she comes home & we’ll have something… I don’t like to have lunch by myself so if no one’s around, there would be no lunch. Then we may watch TV & chat over the day till 5 when my parents show up. We have dinner around 7. It’s the most important meal in my family; we try not to miss it. It’s at dinner’s table where we talk, we decide the important things, and we share our day experience at the table. That’s perfect. Sitting there with my family I feel that I’m very blessed, very much loved. Just sitting there can heal every pain, can solve any problem, like there is magic…. It’s a miracle to have such family. I usually study after dinner or better to say I do the paper works & I occupy myself with the computer... till I got tired & go to bed….
If I would have classes at campus, well, the day is totally different… I will take taxi to Faculty (I told you that my leg is twisted.) being in time, is a good habit of mine. When you get to the class in time, you have time to chat with others & you’ll be informed of anything that happens… you may even find time to sit over an orange juice to discuss its ingredients! Attending the class could be very interesting if the Professor teaches nicely, but it could turn to a complete catastrophe sometimes…. I consider myself a good student; well I have been what you can call a Straight- A-student. That’s not all, the band do a lot of extracurricular activities. We have a gathering named food engineers 78. (We entered university in 1378 year HEJRI SHAMSI) & we’re planning the graduation ceremony right now…. (Isn’t it great to be graduated?) So we have a lot to do. There are always band members around when I go to school, although I don’t have any class with them; so I’m not alone. & that’s very cool! We are famous in school & almost everyone knows us. To tell you the truth I’ve heard a lot of gossip about the band… like it’s been said that the poetess & Mat are dating & so…
We spend the time between classes in the school café. We sit there & plan our days. I can tell you what happens when tow of us take a sit there, others comes & join us & little by little the table would be surrounded by friends; God knows we tend to speak loudly so almost every one can hear us talking…. That makes us different from others; they tend to be secret & quite. As far as I can say none of us gives a penny to what others do & say…. We’ve got our own way & we’re following our dreams… so what’s the big deal.
Right now that I was typing, suddenly it came to me that I will miss the united band we have when we graduate. I mean we will be seeing each other but it would be completely different. That’s very sad, you loose the friendship & intimacy; forget about it! I’m here to have good time! CARPE DIEM!

No comments: