Thursday, December 25, 2003

French law?

So what is all about? I mean, come on, why can't people wear what they want where they want?
It's rather strange that in a country known for the freedom, Hejaab is forbidden! I thought freedom means the government doesn't interfere with people's private lives. & religion, in my humble opinion of course, is personal.
How do you behave if government forbid going to churches? Or announce that you shall not wear cross around your neck? Wearing veils are as simple as that. Although I, myself, don't wear them as Islam says, but still there are ladies who believe in that... & it's insulting to them their belief is [how may I put this] not accepted.
What's the difference between Taliban & French government anyway? Both of them oblige ladies to wear what (some of them) don't want to. How may a scarf offend anyone anyway? Wearing it or not, it's just the matter of belief & taste.
One friend told me it's just the majority doesn't want women to wear Hejaab! Well, maybe the majority wants them to wear it in Afghanistan so what was all the mess about women's right there? If we've got the right to wear anything we like then why scarf is banned? & if there are limits to it, whereas not to offend majority, so why it's only for so-called privileged developed countries?
It has been just my personal point of view... It doesn't mean I support Taliban or any other government (as Iran's) who force Hejaab. Obligation in any case is considered wicked in my opinion, whether it be wearing or not wearing what you want.

No comments: