Saturday, December 06, 2003

my journey sagas 1

Thursday 31st July
Well, the journey wasn’t really supposed to be like that! We had headed straight to Tabriz! & lets-play-it-by-ear journeys are not my cup of tea! Any way we set off at 5:30 am. & there is these 3 days of bank holiday; so too many people had actually hit the road, mostly heading north to seaside. It was really strange to see the highway jammed with cars at that time of the morning! As we moved to the west, crowd disappeared.
I really didn’t feel ok about the journey, however, little by little, with the Westlife song “miss you nights” the sun started shining! I wish the road would never end! Tabriz … is a completely different city. Sometimes you feel you’ve walked in another country. People speak Turkish & I don’t even know a word! I feel rather like a stranger here, sort of overlooked. Speaking Persian is weird here & you are treated like a nice guest who would never be part of the society; if you know what I mean. Not all the people are like that; still the atmosphere seems rather unfriendly! But I dare say I like Tabriz more than Isfehan. (You may have heard about this town….) We are staying with some acquaintances over here. And this bunch of 20 humans will have fun together!

No comments: