Saturday, December 06, 2003

Ramadan

Saturday, November 1, 2003
The holy month has just started! This month is like a escape for me… there’s this divine feeling in the air! Like you can feel the God near you!
Fasting in Islam is different from other religions; we don’t eat or drink anything from sun-raise to sun-set…. But this is only the superficial part of fasting. In more profound layers, when you look deep in the fact of fasting, you see that the whole body goes through it… one must not lie, backbite or swear for example. You go on practicing the real Islam in a month! Don’t break a heart! Give away gifts & pray!
Maybe it’s kind of weird but while on fasting I feel God had taken me in his arms & he is taking care of everything I’m doing. He guides me to choose the right decision & it seems I don’t have to worry about anything…. When I pray he really listens & no matter what would be I’m asking he gives it to me.
Islam says wash & put your best dress on, wear your make-up & perfume then head to say prayers…. I love doing that in fasting month, just to drift away with angels….
Maybe some people out there don’t believe in God. But they would believe in some super-natural powers & this power is really working in Ramadan!
Anyway everything is just going great over here! We’ve had some rains & most days are windy… I love the weather! One day I will set off & I would go on & on till I find the end of the world, if the weather would be like this! Then I will build a hut there & live happily to the end of my days

No comments: