Saturday, December 06, 2003

More about books:

Saturday, July 5,
I declare I am a bookworm. Any readable thing appeals to me. Sometimes I pick up a book & start reading it then when I put it down, I find out some hours had past & I don’t even notice it.

Right now I’m reading 3 books together & I think they will be finished by Saturday night. The first is “Catcher in the Rye” by Salinger. I have read it before by another translator. I quite liked it. The other one is “la palais des solitudes”. It’s been written by Soraya Esfandiyari Bakhtiyari, ex-queen of Iran. The book is written in French & I’m reading the translation. (Though it’s not a good one.) The book is an autobiography & some historical events misinterpreted but it sure worth reading. The last one is a book about Persian myths “Persian Mythology” by Hinnells. I love to know about my ancestors. It’s amazing reading about the myths…. I mean almost everybody know about Roman or Greek myths but no one knows about ours. Even most Iranians don’t know anything about MEHR or EMSHASPANDAN or things like that. All they know is about SHAHNAME & the myths mentioned there….

Do you think I have “flight of idea”? It’s said that changing subjects is a symptom of the disease!

There is some point I don’t understand. People keep wondering how I can handle too many different subjects! & I keep wondering why they can’t. It’s really simple I have different interests so … the books are dissimilar.

Reading books is like a revere. I get lost in the books… finding myself as a character of them. I remember by the end of “Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire”, I closed the book & sit straight in my bed wondering why every thing is normal. You know it was 3 a.m. & silent was the only thing I could hear. Guess what? I sat there for half an hour trying to understand why there hasn’t been an earthquake or something. You see I expected everything to be upside down, since the dark lord had found his power back!

My favorite place for reading? Sure it’s my bed. I love to lie down on my bed & put one of those big cushions under my head & read the whole day. But I can almost read everywhere else. I used to take books to bath. (I’m not kidding!)

No comments: