Sunday, June 06, 2004

I dont know what is up with Tehranians?

For heaven's sake, they are still panicking over earthquake. Since the earthquake of North, there had been all these rumors saying that there will a drastic one in Tehran & the fact that venues is going to pass across the sun has something to do with that!
Well, I know very little about astrology & much less about earthquakes but come on! If we think a bit rationally then there would be no need to panic! I mean yes, there is a great chance of an earthquake happening over here but the time is not predictable.
We should be prepared but not for a special amount of time! You would not believe me but actually some students spent some night out in the campus yard & refused to sleep in their dorms! Some of them had left the dorm & went back to their hometown! You see!
Ok. I had to do for now. But don’t you forget to check out the event of Venous cruising in front of sun on Tuesday. It wont happen in 120 years time!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I guess I could see how a major earthquake would be pretty scary to folks there in Tehran. But I think you are right, it isnt predictable. maybe people wish that it were?

Doral said...

I grew up and lived most of my life where serious earthquakes are never felt. I never felt an earthquake until I was about 60 years old. And then it was only a 4.2 centered about 100 miles away. I found that little baby quake to be a little bit unnerving. I don't know what my reaction would be if I found myself in a really big earthquake.

I saw a tv program a few days ago about earthquakes. Many people now believe that animals, birds and fish can tell when an earthquake is coming, sometimes a couple of days ahead of time.

Lynne said...

Hi Proshat. Your friend Maryam left a very nice comment on my blog and I wanted to thank her for that. :)

Anonymous said...

yes u right!!
but u know I'm fall from other side, I'm not aware at all!!
hey, I sae something in ur persian blog, but dun understand that?! wat' going on?!