Sunday, June 13, 2004

Soccer season

Don’t get me wrong; there is no match over here going on. I mean yeah, there is but not important ones.... But some where south Europe in the country of famous José Samarago, Portugal, an event is running by the name of Euro2004! What does it have to do with Iran? Easy; soccer (or the way we call it football) is the first & favorite sport in Iran... so you get it....
During the matches streets of Tehran is nearly empty. For crying out laud, I had not seen a single a car passing by for over an hour now! & everywhere you go there are talks about soccer teams & all. & Iranians being the interpreter & soccer professionals by birth (!) all have speculations; & well, if a coach wants his team to win, the only he's got to do is to take the first flight to Tehran & take taxi & hang around the town for a while & he'll learn more about his team than he could spending day & night with them!
I'm not joking the other day I was in a taxi & tow elderly men were having a conversion about Manchester Unt. & believe me even Sir Alex Ferguson (coach of Manchester Unt.) could not explain the reasons behind the team's relatively failure better!
I am a real soccer fan myself. Well, know to think about it I really did not have much of a choice! In my family gatherings, there are always tow main subjects: Politics & Football; & having a mad-about-soccer cousin was not of any help. Despite the fact that my father is a "rational" soccer watcher, both me & my sister have been this hyper watcher as my dad put it.... when we are watching an important match, even an earthquake or volcano eruption would be ignored by us.
So what on earth am I doing writing this stuff while Greek is literally kicking Portugal's butt which happen to be one of my fav teams on this championship? (Sorry for the language, sometimes it's so hard not swear when you are this frenzied; just don’t mind this text!)
Well, *rolling eyes* I gathered it is to unnerving for me to watch. I guess you all remember my little tiny sickness back in autumn.... I'm really getting all better you know. Yet my doctor thinks I must take great care & not to get stressed. "Any kind of tension could be lethal" he told me over the phone the other day, although in a joke. But he still asked me to do my best not to get "overjoyed" or "heated"! so as I was watching this match (that I expected Portugal to win hands down) & to my surprise, Greek had them all worked up... well! I decided to stop watching before I would have a nervous break-down in front of TV for all the good opportunities Portugal had missed!
So you see, here I am sitting by my monitor... & I can hear the match! For the TV is a bit loud! & it sucks! I guess I get back & watch the rest of the match.... So bye for now!
Ps: Portugal totally sucked! I'm so mad! Greek beat them 2-1 & their only goal was in spare time! *flying off the handle* for heavens sake, they're hosting the championship! I really don’t see why Louis Figue had to play this bad! (See this is what I'm talking about... we always get to discuss the details... *:D*) I hope the next match between Spain & Russia would be a good match....

No comments: