Thursday, June 10, 2004

It's sizzling over here!

You wouldn’t believe me! Yesterday the temperature was about 87 f` (36 `c). my it's going to be a long hot summer....
The band is about to go on a picnic but I happen to be out of town this weekend so I can not accompany them. Well, that's not too bad if you ask me. I'm going to the mansion I told you before... so thee is no point in complaining.
A friend of mine is coming back to Iran. She's been oversees over the past decade so it is kind of strange for us to meet. You know last time we met each other we were 14 now I'm 24. I don’t know if we can maintain the friendship we had before or not. I'm really scared. But I'll manage that....
The ridicules point is that there is the new airport opening here & all foreign flights must land there.... yet the first flight which actually landed there had encountered some problems & so airport usage is indefinitely delayed! However my friend had been told that she is going to land in this new airport! Then she has too take taxi to another airport (Mehrabad airport) to take another flight to Shiraz to see her relatives. She will be back to spend a few days with me at the end of June.
I'm wondering how anyone shall manage to get to the other airport for taking another flight. It takes about 3 hours to travel between the tow! I mean the new airport is far off the east-south of Tehran & the Mehrabad airport is located in the west-south. So I hope the new airport would not be open when my friend arrives. At least it would save her much time & energy.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend. And I also hope you have a nice time at that mansion you mentioned. That is the one with your special place to sit and think, right? How lovely!