Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I've Got a JOB!!!!!!!!!!

& no, it is nothing like being a lobbyist or hygiene supervisor in a food factory. Actually this job does not relate to my field of study at all.... I happened to be a teacher now!
Isn't it funny? I studied 4 years to become a food engineer; had been a straight-A student all my life, & now I'm here: teaching kids of 8-11 English! Not that I mind using my not-so-good knowledge of English, but what about all the years I studied?
Basically, over here finding a job related to your field of study is out of the question. Ok no it's not, but you must know someone & then they must introduce you &.... Well, that's the same old story. I had some job offers in food industry but most of them were located over far west borders of Iran & it was really hard for me to pack up & leave my hometown.... Some times I do think that what would have happened if I had accepted one of the offers? I would probably go crazy in a fortnight.
Anyway, I got a job now.... I wish I could teach adults. You know they are more willing to study & the job would not be so crucial. With the kids, one must be very careful. They are quick to learn anything so one mistake & you ruin their chance of learning the correct word forever.
I know this sounds very harsh, yet I had never been interested in children. Kids scare me with their unexpected behavior. However I really don’t see why kids like me. I mean I hardly do anything to attract them, maybe I would wave a hand or smile, but that's it. Yet the kids find it easy to communicate with me. They tend to come & sit by my side or ask me astonishing questions. I guess that's a good point anyhow.
OMG, in the class I'm observing thee is this cute 9-years-old girl named ZAHRA; she is a sweetheart although I'm pretty sure she is a bit mischievous. Yesterday her teacher gave the class a 5 minute break & she wanted to go drink some water... in order to impress her teacher, she raised her hand & said "may I CHEATER". You must have seen my friend's face (her teacher) she was trying her best not to laugh. It was really funny!
Alright, now I just wanted to announce my new job....
By the way I'm not in good mood! Italy just lost the soccer tournament & they were like my favorite team *Cry*. It is not fair! They played really good! *ooohhhhh*
I hope tonight Germany lose too! They had been playing really bad!
Now I shall get back by my TV set... the match is on!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am really happy to hear that you have a job. And teaching too! That is such an important job. I can imagine anyone who would be as good at it as you. And, just so you know, your English is quite good.

Congratulations!