Thursday, June 01, 2006

Nostalgia

Well, I want to dedicate this post to my friends on whom I have not updated for a while. It’s not that I have been ignoring them; it’s just that I never wanted to believe that we have changed.
What happened to that old gang who used to play around & have fun? We set out to find what life has stored in bag for us.
At school we used to hang out & do almost everything jointly. We managed homework, projects & curricular activities together, doing our best creating a world of success around us. WE were invincible.
Then life moved on; & we moved on as well. Boys attended military service & we started working each one in a different field. The gang still meets up every now & then however the time is too limited for us who used to be together 24/7.
Pat, Mat & Lolly-pop have started their own hydroponic Strawberry farm & are planning a packaging unit for their farm just as they got out of military services. Ava works for a reputable confectionary factory as R&D manager.
Miss Poetess is getting her masters degree & is about to get married to wealthy guy. She & Teddy sort of fell out of the gang & they headed their own way.
Miss Sensitive had gotten married a while ago & moved to north of Iran with her husband, though she is still attending our get-togethers as much as she can & have stay in touch. She is the technical manager of a preserving company.
Mamoosh is now working as the head manager of one of our friend’s factory. She is very well respected & very successful in her career. Her boyfriend is planning their wedding in the near future.
And then there’s me, who still work as food hygiene expert & I try to do my best but sometimes it’s hard to cooperate with the stupid guys around me.
& yeah, I’m breaking up with my boyfriend… there is nothing wrong with him or our relationship but I feel bored & disappointed cos love was not what I always thought it would be. There is no argument, no harm, not a single disagreement yet I feel caged & sentenced to commitment at the verge of suffocating. I need my privacy back. I need to be on my own. I need to feel free of the guilt that I don’t share my time & interests with him. He had been a very nice guy, too romantic sometimes but I feel like throwing up whenever I heard a sentimental word. Isn’t that strange? I had always been the touchy-feely one, however I move away from him recently.
It’s not him. It’s me. & I don’t know what to do. I tried to talk him into breaking up but it’s not working. He is not ready to let go & that’s bad. What shall I do?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I am sorry you and your boyfriend are breaking up. I can certainly appreciate your need for freedom though. Best of luck to you