Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Who moved my cheese?

Have you read the book by John Spencer? Well, I have. & I expected it to have a miraculous effect on my life which it didn’t so far. However I found it rather true & quite interesting. The book is right: it can do nothing for people who don’t want to help themselves.
So here I am trying to help myself to overcome the changes in my life. There has been a change for sure & I know it; yet what I don’t know is how I can move with my cheese. I mean what's there to be found by me. So in a way I have to find out what my cheese is, which happens not to be the exact easiest thing I can handle.
I know what I don’t want to be & I know deep inside there is an image, a dream living in my heart. & while I'm trying to clarify the blur in my mind, I'm quitting the teaching job! I figured I can not handle a class of 7-13 year olds! I was going nuts! The paying was even less than enough to pay my communication expenses & to be honest I gathered one must be in love with teaching to stay in the business. Grandpa I hope if you get to read you don’t become upset with me. I think you are a very noble man who could have handled the job for all those years. Muhammad once said "teaching is the prophet's job." & I guess he is right.
Anyway I acknowledged the institute that I'm not going to teach next term. I will fulfill this semester & then I am off. I'm applying for a few job vacancies & I hope to find a more related job to my field of study.
Well, that's one change for sure. & I guess I might want to try my luck in getting a new degree in management or something.... So here I come! Let's change!

1 comment:

Doral said...

Proshat, of course I am not "upset" with you. There is no shame in deciding that one is attempting to do the wrong job. I have taught all ages from grade one up to adults who were older than I was. The hardest ones to teach, in my experience were boys from ages 9 to 18. I always knew that I really earned my pay when I had a class of all boys. On the other hand, after they graduated the only ones who ever came back to the school to visit with me were some of the boys.

I hope that you are able to get a good job doing something that you enjoy.

Thank you for remembering me in a special way during Ramadan.

Grandpa