Saturday, February 14, 2004

Valentine in Tehran

Yes! It's valentine! Well, traditionally we don't have valentine day. But the tradition of valentine is growing really fast over here. I remember back at 5 years ago, guys would wonder when I would talk about valentine but now it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry know about it!
Well, I gathered its part of western culture that is spreading among my generation over here. I don't know if it's good or bad but it is what happening & we can't close the doors on other cultures. I only wish some day people around the world would celebrate MEHREGAN or YALDA or NOROOZ the way they celebrate valentine.
So what do folks do on valentine day here? Well, I really don't know! I mean I had never been on a valentine date before. Although when some old friends of mine had been in Iran they used to send me anonymous cards & stuff. & I used to do the same but as I said those days no one else knew about valentine! & to think about it we where only 14! Then 6 years ago they moved to France & we kind of lost contact. Still every birthday & valentine I got cards.
Yeah, folks... they tend to go on dates & you know if you want to make sure there is room for you in a specific place, then you have to book it in like 4 days time. & God knows that suddenly teddy prices sores up & flowers & candies become favorite part of shopping. Oh, yeah and the candle light dinner & all other things.... But as I said; it not my place to talk about it.
Any way happy valentine day.

No comments: