Saturday, February 07, 2004

The hardest part is to say goodbye

One of my best friends P the Pampering is flying away to Germany for a six-month training course.... He had been waiting for this for at least 6 months and we had been talking about it endlessly. But now that it's happening; well, I kind of feel overwhelmed & I can't help but to think that I'm loosing a supporter & I feel alone. All through the last 2 years we have gone through so much together. I understand that it's time to let go & that I have to stand alone & face my own battle (as he is fighting his own).
The hardest part is saying the words.... It makes it so final, so real. As far as you have not said GOODBYE, there is hope to have him for another day. So we both deliberately avoid this moment of uttering the word. But then there is no choice, is there? He will be gone & the friendship will be changed forever. Let’s encounter it.... we're off to experience our life & that's a good point. Maybe when he comes back we would find it worthwhile....
Alright! Goodbye & let's keep the memories good or bad, happy or sad. And may God help us in our way....

No comments: