Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Is there anywhere like home?

My family always travel a lot more than what others do over here. While most of people I know had not seen more than 2 or 3 cities in Iran, I had the chance to visit at least tow-third of the country. Still there are so many places left that I want to visit.... Being a vast country, Iran got lots of sight-seeing; natural & historical. It's got amazingly diverse cultures & varied traditions.
Most of the time, we travel by our own car. It's more convenient & you got to see more sight-seeing. Usually we set a city as a base & then go around checking other nearby cities.... It's like we take short trips not long travels. & sometime we take the opportunity of a tow day holiday or just a weekend to visit a nearby city.
Like this weekend we set off to the north part of Iran to seaside. This is a four-hour trip from Tehran to Motel-Ghoo (a tourist-city by seaside) & folks often go there in summer & finding a good place to stay will be really hard. It will be packed with tourists.... But as in the winters, Motel-Ghoo is rather isolated & only local residents & few people who have mansions there could be seen around.
Although we had been warned that the weather might be gloomy & it may rain, the sun was shining for most part of the day & only it snowed on mountains.... So we had very nice (and cold of course) weather. And the sea was so beautiful & wavy; there was no chance of swimming however not even in the pool. Yet me & my cousin went for a walk along the beach & I took off my shoes & stood in the waves.... The only sound was the sound of waves crashing the shore & the only other creatures were a seabird hovering over the water & my cousin who had been on the phone whispering words to his ladylove. It was so peaceful & quite... it seemed nothing would be able to destroy the magnificence & magic of the moment. It is unbelievable how people ruin the beauty of places. In the summer time you just see crowded seashore & cars & there is no privacy at all... even in private beaches your privacy is invaded by the noise & ignorant people.
Great time still the joy of being back home is greater.... Take from me, Tehran is the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life.

No comments: