Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dresses...

A heartless b!tch… that's what I'm called sometimes. I don't get hurt… I'm used to being called names & being treated like a freak & well, honestly, most of the time I take it as a complement… just a projection of their fear of my abilities.

I know that's the price I pay for going my way… for standing out & daring to be me, regardless of the surroundings. For instance, I wear whatever I feel comfortable in… & mostly my clothes have the same base… not a very short manto, a loose scarf which a lot of hairs uncovered, a jean or a comfortable pair of dress pants & snickers or sandals… rarely high heels. Hmm, that's a very conservative look actually in my own opinion but well, some people just find it, let's say, unorthodox!!!!

As you might have learned, I work in a governmental company… big one, mind you! & I have been criticized over what I wear!!! Nope, they did not tell me face to face or there is no letter or anything but recently I hear more female collogues coming to me with the information that some men are really bothered by the way I dress & think that it's inappropriate for the work!!!!

Then there are my friends who sometimes ask me if I can't be more 'fashionable'?!!! That's weird! Being called a lousy fashion suicide & a B!tch the same time!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I am sorry to hear that people are getting so hung up on what you wear. What is up with *that*?!

I am sure that whatever you wear, it is probably just fine. Now me...if I lived in your country, I would probably run around wearing a chador with my pajamas on underneath but that is just because I am lazy and not terribly fashion conscious.

Mirror Polisher said...

Hi L.O.U.

Aaah yeah, i remember how difficult it was to dress 'appropriately' at work.

So what are you going to do? Could you lose your job if you don't change your style at work?