Monday, December 18, 2006

Here Come Yalda

In my personal opinion, Yalda Night (Celeberating the victory of Light over darkness) is the best one-night celeberation of Persian culture.
Some say that Chahar-shanbe-soori (the bon-fire night near Norooz) in March, is the most memorable one, yet for me, Yalda has a very special place... I have such nice memories of the tales been told by fire light, the poems read, the stuff eaten (you know I LOVE snacks) & ... that hardly anything else can replace them.
This year Yalda is Thursday night (Weekend in Iran) so most families gather together & have fun. It should be another memorable night.
----
Anyhow, it'll be my birthday in 2 weeks too.... My Sister says "You like Winter, cos you were born in winter". Maybe she is right... or maybe simply, winter is the nicest season ever.

No comments: