Saturday, November 25, 2006

Types of Freedom

My Systemic Approach lecturer told us a story & I like to share it with you:

There had been a class held by UN in Poland in late 70s. In the morning there was courses offered to Top Officers & during the evening, everyone would have fun together. One of my lecturer's student was a lady who had been very clever. Once she had asked Professor Khoram: "How many types of Freedom do we have?"

He asked her to enlighten him on the question: "There are 4 types of Freedom:" She had said. "English Freedom, German Freedom, Soviet Union (yes, there had still been a sovite union then) Freedom & French Freedom.

"English freedom is 'Everything is allowed exept for the things that are forbidden'.

"German freedom is 'Everything is forbidden exept for the things that are allowed'

"Soviet Freedom is 'Evrything is forbidden including all the things that are allowed'

"& finally French Freedom is 'Everything is free including all the things that are forbidden!'"

I hope you like it.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

As usual, I wish I was French ;)