Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Discovery Channel Announces Second Ted Koppel Special, 'IRAN - THE MOST DANGEROUS NATION'

The weather is beautifull.
I have so much to do... Exams, Projects, Commitee memberships & all.
The weather is nice....
But I dont have time to enjoy it.
I wish I could just let go & be me.... I wish....
-----
PS: Would anyone happen to be watching Discovery Channel on Sunday, November 19 at 8 PM (ET/PT). There is A special progrmm about Iran... 'IRAN - THE MOST DANGEROUS NATION'
I just want to know how on earth did they figure that WE are dangerous? We are the Nation they're talking about & we are as ordinary as any other nation with real lives & real issues. We're not just a face on the other side of the world... we are not a word, not an image...
WE EXIST! We're here...!
You are talking about actual & very alive people who are capablale of Love & Hate.... Don't take us for some crule myths you have heard on the radio!
Here is the link to more info: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061030/dcm048.html?.v=62

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Alas, I dont get the Discovery Channel so I wont be able to watch this. However, I expect that they will say that Iran is dangerous because of who its leaders are and because you might have the ability to make nuclear weapons. I also expect that by "dangerous" they will mean "dangerous to the USA" because they will not consider that the USA having nuclear weapons and a poor leadership could be dangerous to ourselves. They will factor in a past history of animosity towards the USA that the government of Iran has (and I am sure you will agree that our governements havent exactly gotten along in the past 30 years or so).

I also imagine that if I were in Iran, I would consider the USA to be THE MOST DANGEROUS NATION and with good reason. I think it is all a matter of perspective.