Monday, June 15, 2009

Where Is My Vote?

I am kicking and alive as we speak; but Tehran isn't! Tehran is the scene of clash between protesters and riot police!

I live in the heart of the clash: We hear gunshots, we see fire, we witness people running! Guards march on... we shut up....

I have not seen such a thing! Not even in June 1999 when Police ride into University dorms.... My friends had gotten hit.

Where is my vote? Where is the confidence I once had that WE can build this country? What happened to the cheerful faces and hopeful looks of young people?

I want my vote back! I withdraw from pseudo-electing M. A.N.! I am ashamed of my nationality for the first time in my life! I am ashamed of the vote I cast! I am ashamed!

I am frightened! My world has just ended and the life I once dreamed is a far far illusion.

I did not ask for much! I had no problem with Hejab! I did not want to go clubbing all night! I just wanted to be able to smile. to be proud of who I am, where I come from! I just wanted to...

No comments: