Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Are We Going to End Up in a War?

I hear the news of American Plan to attack Iran. & I wonder what will happen to my daily life?
What will happen to my friends, boys & girls who have a whole lot of years of dreams before them? What will happen to laughters & tears? To loves & hatereds? To Joy & Pain?
What will happen to my beloved sister? To my dad & mom? To all the fun days & rough nigts?
What will happen to my baby niece? Will she live enough to see the days of happiness or would her life be filled with disasters & lost memories like mine?
War is unjust & cruel & no matter what the reason, no one is allowed to attack some other beings.
Here... we're talking about Lives being on the line. & if it were for mine, I would never & ever utter a word... for I have lived my life t the fullest, the richest that I could dream... I had love & happiness & I have people to care for who care for me.... Yet, it's not my life walking on the edge... It's my friends' & family's lives.... It's my memories & their future... It's Human beings in danger!
Just arund a corner, Darkness is waiting for us, hovering above, whispering nasty words & lauhing a hard evil laugh... He Awaits in the shadows & keeps his sword ready & sharp... & when the time comes... He will take us... to our doom.
I wont fight... I know. & I wont ever see the pain. I wont fight... but where's my choice but to suffer from someone else's stupidity?

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I wish I could say that such a thing is impossible. I can say that it would be *really* stupid of us to attack your country for reasons other than the immorality of war.

I mean, wars cost a lot in both money and lives and frankly, our involvement in Iraq has pretty much tapped our country out. We cant afford it. Unfortunately the same people who made the stupid mistake of going into Iraq in the first place are still in power so we cant count on them to necessarily make good decisions.

But it isnt just the costs of war that would make attacking Iran stupid. It also would not even help us achieve our long term goals. I mean think about it. What do Americans want from Iran? Basically we want you to have a less theocratic government that is friendly to our country. The very WORST thing we could do to achieve those goals would be to attack.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that dropping bombs isnt really the way to make friends. And from what I can tell about the political climate in your country, it seems to be already be swinging away from the far right theocracy that existed in the early 80's. And the population of your country is very young and most of the younger people have different ideas about how they want the country to be than the much older religious extremists. (leaving aside the question of *should* the USA get what the USA wants) Basically, the very best way for the USA to get what the USA wants is for the USA to do nothing!