Saturday, September 02, 2006

Sanctions & Enrichments

So the deadline is over & now what? Clearly, Iran has nor did niether tends to stop enrichment. So now Mr. Annan has come down here to discuss the matter.
Personally, I dont think that we should stop enrichment before we get the grantee that another war is not going to be imposed on the country. On the other hand, if we do not halt uranium enrichment then indeed we will face more sanctions & a war maybe just around the corner.
In the first place, Iran should have been more cooprating about the whole nuclear energy thing. As an Iranian I do not see the need for nuclear energy when having more that 250 days of sunshine make us pron to use solar energy. However, now that we have come this far, we'd better stick to it & at least try to gain something out of it.
It's a gamble & I pray that people at the table would know 'what to keep & what to throw away'. This is what most people around me wish.
Sanctions is the subject I have avoided thinking about recently. The mild ones might not have that much effect on out already poor economy, still they will definitely reduce the 'luxury level'. I vividly remember the time when eating good choclate was a wish for a lot of kids. I remember that I was not supposed to take KitKats to school cos some kid might not have the fascility to have them.
I dont want to lose these small luxuries that I have.... like being able to order my books or music albums straight from UK. You know, I dont even want to imagine a time like that. & this is what worries me most.... I would not think about the impact on universal economy, the impact on ours or the whole sacrificing for your country thing... I would think of myself as an individual & the impact the sanctions would have on ME... The ME that I would be after them... The ME I am now.... What will happen?

1 comment:

Caesar of Pentra said...

I hope that they solve your counrty's nuke problem!