Friday, July 08, 2005

London & the bombs:


We were shocked. We really were shocked to say the least. When my cousin told me about the bombs in London, I thought he was making fun of me. I thought he was joking! Then we turned on the radio & it was on everywhere.
I feel sorry not only for people who suffered in the attack but also for people who planed it. Why in the name of God some people commit such huge crimes? Killing innocent people won’t get anyone anywhere. Terror is nit the answer!
The first thing my cousin said after hearing the news was “we’re going to get attacked”. & that’s how some others think too. I have no idea how the bombing would be related to Iran but if President Bush is waiting for a reason to continue the war against terrorism, this would be a good one to attack my country.
Well, I’m not going to think about unreasonable nightmares we might be facing in near future. My career is on the rocks & I’m starting French lessons so I supposedly don’t have the time to worry!!!!!
Moreover, before I sign off this post, El if you’re reading this post anywhere on the earth, give me a call or leave a message or something. I’m dead worried about you & Alex. I tried to call your cell phone but it was off! I hope you would not be hurt in the bombs! I’ll call New Castle tonight, hopefully you’ll be back home by then!

2 comments:

Doral said...

O.K., who is the good looking (attractive) girl in the picture. Pictures should always have captions to identify their contents.

About the London bombings, there is one question that nobody seems to be asking. That question is: What would make any person so desperate that they would do such an action? I think that we all know the answer to that question. If a foreign power came into my country and killed many of my family for no reason, would I not strike back in any way that I could? Why is it terrorism when 40 or 50 innocent Brits get killed, but not terrorism when Briits and Americans kill thousands of innocent Iraqis?

Another question that should be asked is: Who will benefit from these bombings in London? Certainly not Muslims who live in the UK or the USA. Bush and Blair will benefit because these bombings will give them one more excuse for their planned attack on Iran. Can anyone see the American military forces concentrating in Uzbekistan and not believe that Tehran will soon be bombed? The attack may not come before next spring, but it will come.

It is not altogether true that what they call terrorism doesn't accomplish anything. Ireland would never have gained independance from England if Irish people didn't fight for their freedom. The United Staes of America gainmed independance from England because the terrorists (Goerge Washington, etc.) fought against the legal colonial governments. India id now an independant state partly because of thosands of acts of terrorism against the British Raj.

Sadly, ordinary people always pay the price in money and blood when power hungry leaders go mad.

Proshat said...

Oh My Dear grandpa;
I've been missing you really. The girl in the pic is My friend Eli & her friend Alex. They were supposed to be in London during the attacks. I'm going to post the pix of my friends here in near future. I want show the world how we really live in Iran.