Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hoder & Persian Bloggers...

You might not know Hossein Derakhshan but I'm sure if your an Iranian blog fan, you have heard of the blog : Editor:Myself.
Hoder is the first Iranian Blogger & he is the one who started leting us know what privilages we might have using a new feature of communication.
Though I might personally not agree with some of his ideas, when I heard that his blog is being blocked by his ISP under the pressure, I felt I had to take part in letting people know how we feel about him.
He might not be very popular but HE is the person we owe a lot of things to. & HE has the RIGHT to speak his mind, even if we do not like him to do so. :D
What I want to say is that please sign this petition & let people know how you support a member of our virtual society.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

One of the hardest things but also one of the most important things about promoting freedom of speech is doing it even when the person speaking is saying something vile or offensive. It is easy to let people speak when you agree with them.

Mirror Polisher said...

Lynne said it so well. Reminds me of this poem:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.