Tuesday, July 03, 2007

BookCity & I

Why do I love buying books in this place?
Maybe because I have a knack of buying books? Or maybe because I love to stop by & and watch.
I go there, put my HUGE bag on a chair & leave all my stuff there & then I go browsing the books... I pick some up, order a cup of tea & I start reading... then I choose the next one & the next one.. & the next one.... while I sip my tea & marvel the taste & the smell & get lost in the book, others come & go & no one person even bothers me...
Then I pack the books, go to seller who knows me too well, sometimes the guides there just hand me the 'thing' I'm looking for or they recommand even not buy a book or they offer me to read the whole book there, listen to the whole CD & just plain not to buy them. Anyways, I go to the bookseller, I ask him to wrap the books for me & I pay with my card.
I always forget to deliver the note of purchase at the door & they always let me slide on that & then when I get out I see that I have lost like one third of my salary & still I feel good.
Although, it's a superstore where usually you dont expect to be treated on a personal level, I always find it surprisingly customized to my taste. I'm treated like a special customer & they offer personilized help, it is amazing how the know when I had enough & when to stop... that's a big problem of mine... I hate other places just becuase they seem to push you to buy!
Anyways, I plain love the place. I might take pictures next time & share it with you.

4 comments:

Mirror Polisher said...

Hey, I just re-joined the club. yaaaaaaaaahhhhh. I started reading again. I never stopped buying books, i just never read them :D

Listen, do you highlight or underline sentences as you read? Coz i do that and people tell me to stop ruining the book. But i love saving the parts that touch me :(

Can't wait for the pix :D

I remember you once had a post on a book network. Can't remember the site. Do you still have it?


Oh, and the link for bookcity doesn't work. I think you have to delete www.blogger.com from it.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I can understand the benefits of a good bookstore. I even work for a company that pretty much runs a couple of chains of bookstores. (Borders and Waldenbooks). I get a nice discount which I certainly appreciate.

Mirror Polisher said...

Hey, where did my comment go? :(

Proshat said...

Opps Sorry the comment moderation thing sometimes do not notify me of new comments! My bad!