Wednesday, March 09, 2005

There are a lot of things in my mind; I don’t know which one to pick.

First of all there is Norooz & the New Year & all the traditions related to it. this year however, I don’t feel the mood for the spring & New Year. It is sort of weird cos the weather is like heaven & the sky is clear, the birds singing & you know the usual stuff... still it fails to reach my heart somehow. I gathered it would due to the new job & the whole unstable, still adjusting I'm in.
On the other hand, my mind keeps bothering me about the whole nuclear power thing going on in Iran. I'm frightened & unsure of what lays ahead for my country. We really don’t need another war. Honestly, I doubt US would attack Iran due to the new tone in the public speeches of US politicians. Yet if the government would clutch to unreasonable discussions, then another ban on Iran would be underway. & heaven knows it's the last thing this country needs.
Apart from general worries, there are some quite personal issues running around in my life too. it is kind of related to the gang & the way we all changed. Now I'm hearing some sort of disappointing news about the whole group & I wonder where we went wrong. I wonder what happened to the innocent friendships & trust between us. I still have my friends but the gang is shattered to pieces. We would hang out but it's not the same. There are hurts & disappointments, unspoken frustration which is building itself up & it seems to be undefeatable. We all need time to get used to the changes. I hate the fact that an unpredictable misery made us drift apart instead of bringing us close & unite us. Enough said about that.
There are bright sides in life too. I met P- the pampering wife today. (he was a friend in my CLC class) & she is such a sweet girl. We seemed to bond quickly & that was cool. I hope she liked me too. & I hope to see my other friend's fiancée too. (The one who had a crush on me!) & that would the more important one cos I want to leave a good impression to save our friendship. Let's pray it goes smoothly.
Well, now I get to go & sleep... tomorrow would be another day at work... correction another hard day at work!

2 comments:

Doral said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have unresolved personal issues bothering you. I think that there is only one way to deal with such problems. That is to always do what you believe to be the right thing. That will usually bring you personal inner peace in the long run.

Regarding the U.S., it seems to me that as long as Bush is in power it is almost certain that other smaller countries will be attacked. I believe that either Syria or Iran, or both will be attacked before the end of June. I hope and pray that I am wrong, but the top people in the Bush administration are pushing hard for such attacks. Some public opinion polls in the U.S. have recently indicated that about 3 out of 4 Americans would support expanding the "holy war" against Islam. If these polls are correct, it would seem to make such an expansion of aggression a political inevitability prior to the off-year elections in the U.S. next year.

I hope that you will give the possibility some thought and work out how you can best survive such an attack.

Actually, I think that the nuclear issue is not at all important. And I don't think that anything the Iranian government does, or doesn't do will change the plans of the Bush administration. The U.S. is trying to establish a chain of military bases from Europe to S.E. Asia in preparation for the big war that is coming against China. That's why, for example, they worked so hard for the election of Yushenko in the Ukraine. They expect to be given permanent military bases there in exchange.

Finally, none of this has anything to do with democracy or freedom for any subjugated people. It is all about the expansion and safeguarding of the new American Empire.

Please do take good care of yourself and, to the extent possible, of your family as well. And please join me in prayer asking that I be proven wrong about what I just wrote.

grandpa

Lynne said...

Well. I like to think that even the Bush administration will show some rational thought. But I wouldn't count on it. Still, I think that sanctions are more likely than an attack and *hopefully* neither will occur. The good news is that there is another chance to get the Republicans out of office in 2008. I just hope that even if it is a Republican who wins, it is a republican with more peaceful leanings.

The good news is that another war wouldnt go over well here with a lot of people. If you want to see pictures of folks who would NOT support such a thing, click this link Maybe knowing that not everyone here would support such an action will help. I dont know.