Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Nostalgic

A few moments ago I had a talk with one of my old friends. He is a friend from college days & used to hang out with the gang whenever he was around. He just called me up out of the blue & we talked a good half an hour.
This suddenly made me really nostalgic. I miss the school days... I miss my friends. Why couldn’t be forever? We grew up & drifted apart, going on different ways. Sometimes our roads cross & I always wondered if we could maintain our friendship; whether the intimacy would survive....
Tonight I learned that friendship never dies; it never subsides.... the friend mentioned & I had not been talking for over a year, still the conversation wasn’t formal or cold. It was like the old days that we used to talk about nothing forever. So yes; I believe true friendship survives....
Ps: Mat I wish you could read this... I wish you would read my Persian blog... I miss you a lot. We need your friendship.... I wish you would be back to yourself... don’t let your emotions for someone else come between us. If you want to avoid her, that's fine but don’t ditch us... you mean a lot to us.

3 comments:

Doral said...

There's a saying: If you love someone let them go. If they love you they will come back.

I have a friend from school, when we were only ten years old. That was 65 years ago. His life took him to Africa for 50 years and we were never in communication. When he retired and he and his wife moved back to Canada he phoned me up...out of the blue. We had a lot of catching up to do, but it was almost like the 50 years apart never happened.

My own experience has been that it has been almost impossible to maintain contact with my female school friends. Once they get married, or even get a steady boy=friend I usually never hear from them again. There are a couple of exceptions. One friend from college lives 2,000 kilometers from where I live. When I'm in her city, once every couple of years, her husband actually lets me take her out to dinner. Of course, I have to bring her home quite early!

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. how to say! dun know exactly, but i think I dun beleive in frindship like this. how to say, u can't keep on your friendship with every frined who u meet in your life. specially in busy world we live today. I think the point is that u can make friendship with people and leave them with nice and happy memorials. and again in your new work situation or watelse u r u can make new frindship again. again notice that I dun mean u shoould forget the good days you spent with frinds!!
dun know, maybe I'm wrong!!

Anonymous said...

ooh sorry!! it was kalantar!