Sunday, August 15, 2004

He is a friend

What can I say? I know this guy... he has been my friend for the past couple of year. Gosh this is so hard but I need to get this out...
I know he is feeling more than just friends for me, although he never expresses his feelings. He is so obvious that almost everybody knows about his little crush. He always puts on the charm when I am around & being my close friend he knows what I like in a man &... well, you name it, he acts like the dream man & it's fake!
He is too concerned about my health that he checks on me every so on. & if he figures I don’t feel well... then he would not stop until I meet my doctor, always making sure I get the best place when we are going out.... I don’t know all these little stuffs.
He is a good friend, a very good friend indeed! He has always been there for me. He has been a shoulder to cry on, a charmer, & a joker when I needed to laugh! I know.... but the point is I don’t feel anything even near romance for him. I tried my best to start loving him back... but simply I couldn’t. I love him as a friend & I don’t want to lose him.
I'm trying hard to make him understand this. Yet he doesn’t get the signs. & even a little interest from my side would make him become firmer in his feelings (whatever it is). I don’t want to lead him on. He is much better than to be played with & God knows I care for him & I don’t know what I can do to stop him from getting hurt.
I know I promised to write about movies but I needed to write this. Maybe he would read this.... I'm just hopeless & every time he calls I'm afraid he might confess his feelings. & every time we want to go out I plan that someone be around & we would never be alone. Lord help me with this one....

3 comments:

Lynne said...

It is not an easy situation to be in for sure. Unfortuately, until he brings up his feelings, there isnt much for you to do. If you lived here in the US, I could give you some advice about some subtle hints (body language, verbal cues, etc) that might give him the idea that your interest is only platonic. But since he is of a different culture, I am not sure he would pick up such cues.

My best advice is to simply be honest with him at all times.

Doral said...

A long time ago when the world was young and I was a young man, I had a girl friend with whom I was very much in love. I thought that she felt the same about me. She was very nice to me and we were good friends for nearly 3 years. During all that time I never really looked at another girl, even though I knew that she sometimes went out with other boys. I was working hard and saving up my money so that we could afford to get married someday. Then one day a friend told me that she had become engaged to marry someone else. Of course I was very hurt. Afterwards I really wished that she had been more honest with me and had told me plainly that I was just wasting my time, because she only though of me as a casual friend. That would have hurt me a lot less than having two or three years of dreams suddenly shattered.

Anonymous said...

as a boy, I think Doral is completly right.
I think later u tell him the truth, more depply u will hurt him (is my sentence correct? :p )
so if u realy care about him, I think u should tell him as soon as it's possible.

by the way, it's kalantar.